Contra Costa County Community Awareness and Emergency Response (CAER) Group, Inc. is a non-profit public benefit corporation of public emergency response agencies, local government officials and facilities and businesses that use, store, handle, produce or transport hazardous materials.
The mission of CAER is to actively enhance public health and safety.
CAER's core objectives are:
- Safe Industrial Facility Operations
- Coordinated Emergency Response
- An Effective Safety Sharing Forum
- A Trust-Based Relationship with the Community
To achieve its mission, CAER will:
- Facilitate the cooperative safety improvements of industrial plant operations
- Promote coordinated mutual emergency aid
- Provide emergency preparedness and response training to the public
- Openly communicate and respond to the public's concerns about safety of industrial facility operations
- Offer credible facts and analysis on the efficacy of public policy related to public safety issues and safe facility performance
- Facilitate community interaction with agencies and industrial entities